Headaches and migraines are normal issues for nearly 90 percent of the American population, leaving many people in pain and unable to focus properly. The good news is that you don’t have to be among the sufferers. Moss Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Idaho Falls offers personalized treatment plans to help you find headache and migraine relief.
What Causes Headaches and Migraines?
Headaches and migraines are typically symptoms that can be caused by a wide range of issues. Some of the most common ones are listed below.
- Stress: Stress is a top cause of both headaches and migraines.
- Spinal misalignment: A misalignment can put pressure on the nerves, blood vessels, and muscles throughout the body, which can lead to headaches and migraines.
- Dehydration: Water is fuel for every component of the body. Without it, symptoms like headaches and migraines can occur.
- Disc issues: When a spinal disc is worn down or out of place, it can create the same effects that misalignment does. Many headaches and migraines are due to a cervical disc issue.
Many people also experience headaches and migraines after sitting still for too long, especially with poor posture and staring at screens for long periods. Sometimes, poor blood circulation and certain medical conditions can also be the culprit.
Treating Headaches and Migraines
You don’t have to turn to medicinal or invasive procedures for headache and migraine relief, as there are many natural methods available through chiropractic care. Some of these treatments include the following:
- Adjustments: Adjustments are an important part of natural healing and pain relief. A chiropractor can provide adjustments throughout the spine, including the neck, and even your extremities. In doing so, each vertebra is put back into its proper place to ensure proper alignment and a lack of compression on the nerves, muscles, and blood vessels.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is another effective technique for relieving headaches and migraines. Fine needles are placed at acupoints. This improves blood circulation and stimulates the release of the body’s natural pain relief endorphins.
- Lifestyle recommendations: It’s important to learn how to manage your daily tasks in a way that doesn’t contribute to or cause headaches and migraines. Necessary adjustments can include anything from nutritional guidance and exercise recommendations to stress management techniques.
Find Headache and Migraine Relief in Idaho Falls, ID
If you are tired of allowing headaches and migraines to control your life, schedule a visit to Moss Chiropractic and Acupuncture. Call our team today at (208) 524-3018 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.